Friday, 7 March 2014


Week #8

This week was spent talking about Linked Lists and the different ways you can implement them. Linked List rely heavily on recursion but since I think I have a pretty good grasp on recursion, I’m not too worried. At first, I didn’t understand Linked Lists and I didn’t understand why we needed them. After looking at the implementation for the different functions in Linked List I started to get the hang of it. The lab this week was also extremely helpful in showing how to implement your own functions for Linked List. My partner and I finished the entire lab and we started on the bonus work. We weren’t able to finish but I feel a lot better about Linked Lists than I did before.

One thing that I also found hard to understand is the Linked Lists wrapper class that we created. I understand that is meant to encase the linked lists but I don’t exactly understand why we need it.

One thing I that I didn’t understand before was the difference between str and repr. When the instructed explained that repr is a string representation where what the function return can be cut and pasted into the shell and will produce the same object. This cleared everything up greatly and also was very helpful toward Assignment 2 Part I.  

No comments:

Post a Comment