Friday, 7 February 2014


Week #5 Blog

 This week we worked on the recursion function for the towers of Hanoi with 3 stools. We also looked at names and which name gets priority at different parts of the function.

I was a little uneasy about recursion at first but after I started tracing different recursions I started to get the hang of it. Once I worked out the kinks I figured out how to implement recursion myself. Over the weekend I was able to fix the problem I was having with GUIController and I was able get it to work. After that I started to tackle the four stools problem. I didn’t understand what I actually had to do at first but after reading it for the billionth time I was able to grasp what I actually had to do. It helped a lot when we did the recursion for 3 stool in class. I have gotten very close to solving it but i haven’t finished it yet.

I am very happy now that I’ve got a better grip on recursion. Especially during the lab when my partner and I were able to finish all of the exercises and even some of the extra ones.

As for names and scopes, I got the basics down but I still am having trouble tracing the code we did in class. I need to work on that for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment