Thursday, 30 January 2014

Week #4 Blog

This week we focused on the basics behind Assignment one and on recursion. The assignment seemed very daunting at first, especially when we started talking about it in class. I hadn't even read the handout yet and there were already people asking questions about the implementations. Once I started reading the handout I felt a bit better. I started tinkering with the code for TOAHModel.py and after I did that I started to understand what I needed to do. One of the most challenging parts was to figure out the different functions you needed to create. some function headers were already written for you but some were not. At the end of the week I was able to get a basic game going but I then encountered problems with the GUIController. It is very hard to try and figure out what the code is actually doing because there are some things that I never encountered before. I think I need to just go through the file and try to make sense of where I am going wrong.

On Wednesday we started doing more on recursion. I understand recursion and I can trace it pretty well but I think my main problem is implementing it myself.  tree_burst.py was very daunting at first as well because I haven't really worked with turtle.py before but once I started reading it I was able to grasp what the code was doing. Once we started going step by step I started to understand it and it doesn't seem so terrifying anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment